Our fiduciary litigation attorneys represent clients in complex breach-of-fiduciary-duty matters, including executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries, and heirs.
- We are a sophisticated boutique trial firm, hyper focused on advancing our clients’ litigation interests in trusts, estates, and other fiduciary litigation.
- Our trial attorneys have been recognized nationally and internationally, including being named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America list, Super Lawyers, and recognized by Chambers & Partners as among the leading attorneys in the United States, as well as recognized as the “Leading Tax Controversy Litigation Attorney of the Year” for the State of Texas.
- Our litigation attorneys include former government trial attorneys, former law clerks to federal judges, law professors, and dual-credentialed CPAs with deep experience in complex financial reporting, accounting, and fraud. Nearly one-third of our attorneys serve as law professors at tier-one law schools.
Freeman is a “go-to” fiduciary litigation firm—trial counsel for the cases that count. Our probate, trust & fiduciary attorneys are versed in will contests, and trust and fiduciary litigation, including representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust controversies. Well-versed in high-stakes litigation, our attorneys are trial-ready and battle tested; we’re ready when you are.
We represent executors, personal representatives, and beneficiaries in estate litigation, as well as trustees and beneficiaries in the trust context. We handle sophisticated fiduciary litigation involving sensitive matters, such as breach of fiduciary duties, conflicts of interest, undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity, and other matters relating to contested issues involved in the administration of estates and trusts.
We represent trustees and beneficiaries in actions brought to pursue trust modifications or in termination proceedings, as well as removal actions and suits seeking accountings.
We Try Cases – We Win Cases
Freeman is a sophisticated trial boutique, hyper focused on advancing our clients’ litigation interests. We are committed to delivering world-class counsel in the courtroom using bold, tactical, state-of-the-art approaches to litigation. Our attorneys bring big-firm talent, think-tank intellect, and analytical precision.
Clients need a winning strategy. Our experienced litigators employ creative, trial-tested strategies that position clients for courtroom success. We craft detailed strategies and trial plans designed to convey the most impactful, psychologically moving themes and storylines—moving juries to action.
Clear and Focused
We are client-focused problem solvers. Tireless advocates that work best under pressure, we are committed for the long haul, and relentless in our pursuit of justice.
Our award-winning attorneys make the complex clear, bringing the issues and facts into focus with perspective and clarity.
The right move at the right time can mean the difference between the right outcome and the wrong one. Strategic victories are no accident. We begin thinking through the end game from day one. And we have tactical trial experience built on strategic approaches that keep the big picture in mind.
Our attorneys are not just litigators—they are trial attorneys. We instill and cultivate a difference, creating a focus on the end-game from the beginning.
Fiduciary duties are owed across a range of relationships that span far wider than the traditional trusts and estates context, including fiduciary duties owed by directors, officers, investment advisors, powers of attorney, partners, agents, and others. We represent clients in a range of fiduciary litigation involving private wealth, fiduciary disputes, and closely-held businesses, including:
- Executor and administrators
- Officers and directors
We litigate disputes involving breach of fiduciary duty and the settlement of complex estates and trusts, including tax issues, as well as other matters, including:
- Will and trust disputes, such as claims based on lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence
- Litigation involving misuse of powers of attorney
- Litigation between executors or trustees and beneficiaries regarding fiduciary duties
- Trust accountings
- Suits to modify, terminate and reform trusts
- Suits to substitute or remove trustees and executors
- Federal tax disputes
Our attorneys bring big-firm talent and backgrounds, think-tank intellect, and analytical precision. Our trial attorneys are not only skilled advocates, they are steeped in substantive expertise gained from years of experience in the trenches. We provide sophisticated representation and penetrating legal acumen.
Our firm’s founding principles and vision of exceptionalism permeate throughout our litigation and trial practice. We are driven by uncompromising attention to detail and a desire to exceed expectations.
Ready for the Moments that Matter
Every Freeman attorney participates in the firm’s Trial College, a rigorous training program focused on trial advocacy and procedure. Our attorneys are experienced, trial-honed, and ready for the moments that matter.
Freeman represents clients in complex fiduciary matters, including fraud, breach-of-contract, fiduciary duty, and other disputes. With our historic background in white-collar litigation—both civil and criminal—we are uniquely positioned to represent clients in matters involving embezzlement, fraudulent transfers, fiduciary breaches, and other complex fiduciary disputes.
Our skilled trial counsel regularly resolve sophisticated business disputes, representing clients in courthouses and arbitration throughout Texas and across the country.