A Blueprint for Success: Freeman represents clients engaged in manufacturing, including through cross-border operations, as they navigate complex and evolving laws and transactional risks.
- Freeman’s legal team counsels clients in the manufacturing sector, confronting unique legal challenges that balance geo-political risks, economic shifts, and frenetic global supply-chains.
- Our tax attorneys assist clients with sophisticated manufacturing tax planning and tax strategies, including cross-border Global Intangible Low Tax Income (GILTI) and Foreign Derived Intangible Income (FDII) planning; Research & Development (R&D) credit planning and opinions; Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deductions; Bonus Depreciation planning; cost segregation; tax accounting methods; and tax credits.
- Our tax attorneys regularly work with clients in the manufacturing sector and have been recognized nationally and internationally, including being named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America list, Super Lawyers, and recognized by Chambers & Partners as among the leading tax attorneys in the United States. Nearly one-third of our attorneys serve as law professors at tier-one law schools.
At Freeman Law, we represent numerous clients in the manufacturing sector, providing legal support and insights as we help clients chart a path through ever-changing legal and business challenges. Our attorneys have years of experience counseling clients engaged in manufacturing activities, including cross-border operations and relationships.
The manufacturing sector has confronted unique legal challenges stemming from COVID-related economic and market shifts. Complex and evolving laws and regulations create unique challenges to clients in the manufacturing industry. In addition, sustained expansion and innovation hinge on successfully navigating a host of transactional risks. Our attorneys provide key guidance at every stage of the game.
Forging a Path Forward
From the assembly line to the finish line, the path forward is often filled with risk and uncertainty. Indeed, the manufacturing industry has undergone frenetic change in recent years, highlighting its fundamental importance to the global economy—as well as its susceptibility to a host of risks and challenges that previously seemed obscure. In today’s’ environment, the need for a trusted legal partner is more paramount than ever. At Freeman, we take pride in our clients and their success—they are, after all, the lifeblood and the reason for our business. And that is why we make their business our business, standing at the ready to help our partner-clients with their most pressing and important legal needs as they forge a path forward.
Assembling the Right Legal Partner, Distributing the Right Legal Advice
In life and business, relationships are everything. We partner with clients as they lay the groundwork for investment and growth. From tax structuring to key contractual provisions and risk mitigation, we work with our clients, focusing on their goals and objectives.
In a global marketplace, with cross-border supply chains and outsourced functions, clients in the manufacturing space need legal counsel with international presence and awareness. Add in the reality of political and pandemic risks across jurisdictions, and the need is ever more present. At the same time, manufacturing clients need legal counsel that is nimble, with the ability to move and adapt to change—and to act quickly, with insight and discerning judgment.
Nothing Prefab About it—A Unique Firm for Unique Clients
Our manufacturing clients are each unique, with their own distinct issues and challenges. That’s good—because we’re unique as well. We are a purpose-driven, fundamentally integrated organization, not a random collection of JDs and doctorate holders. And we are action-oriented, ready to deploy.
Today’s reality is that practicing “law” is not a cut-and-paste endeavor. Value lies n
ot in pushing paper and boilerplate legalese, but in the push and pull of ideas—ideas that integrate hand in hand with client goals, and actionable advice that moves businesses forward.
We maintain a boutique model by design. And we are nimble and adaptive to change, values increasingly in demand in a fast-changing economy and evolving legal landscape.
Our attorneys bring big-firm talent, think-tank intellectual capacity, as well as a team- and can-do attitude to every representation. Our commitment to providing our clients with dedicated, world-class service has garnered national and international recognition:
- Freeman has been ranked by U.S. News and World Reports as a “Tier 1” law firm for tax law. Our attorneys have been named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America list, recognized by Chambers & Partners as among the leading tax and litigation attorneys in the United States, including for fraud representations, and recognized as the “Leading Tax Controversy Litigation Attorney of the Year” for the State of Texas.
- We have a depth of tax and tax litigation knowledge. Our tax litigation attorneys include former IRS trial attorneys, former clerks to the Chief Judge of the United States Tax Court, tax law professors, dual-credentialed CPAs, and attorneys with advanced LL.M. tax degrees from the most prestigious tax programs in the nation. One-third of our attorneys serve as law professors at tier one law schools, teaching tax law.
Forging a Solid Foundation with Tax-Efficient Structuring
At Freeman, we work with clients to lay the foundation for future growth. We help our clients identify and evaluate legal risks, increasing their confidence and ability to move forward in a bold fashion.
We help clients structure their business operations, working to achieve their goals through:
- Business formations and ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dissolutions and bankruptcies
- Virtual family offices
- Advantageous tax structuring
Our tax-focused attorneys provide unique insight with respect to entity structures, focusing on a holistic structure designed to achieve overlapping goals. We seek to minimize your tax exposure at every step of the structuring process. Whether a closely-held business or a large-scale manufacturer, our attorneys advise clients in the manufacturing space on the tax implications of various formation strategies and decisions.
Our seasoned attorneys have litigated a broad variety of business-related challenges in the manufacturing sector and beyond. Each member is skilled at working through the complex issues that frequently arise and arriving at workable, real-life resolutions.
Our litigation services include:
- Contract disputes
- Tax controversies
- Labor and employment issues
- Securities litigation
- Shareholder litigation
- Government litigation
The right move at the right time can mean the difference between the right outcome and the wrong one. Strategic victories are no accident. We begin thinking through the end game from day one. And we have tactical trial experience built on strategic approaches that keep the big picture in mind.