A Blueprint for Success: Freeman provides legal counsel to clients across the construction industry, from negotiating contracts, to tax disputes, to civil litigation, we have you covered.
- Freeman’s legal team counsels clients in the construction industry, confronting unique legal challenges posed by economic shifts, frenetic supply-chains, and an evolving regulatory environment.
- Our attorneys regularly work with clients in the construction sector and have been recognized nationally and internationally, including being named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America list, Super Lawyers, and recognized by Chambers & Partners as among the leading tax attorneys in the United States. Nearly one-third of our attorneys serve as law professors at tier-one law schools.
- We regularly represent builders and contractors, providing comprehensive counsel from litigation disputes, to contract negotiation, to tax planning.
The Construction Industry
Freeman serves many clients in the construction industry. Owners, developers, commercial builders, general contractors, lenders, and suppliers face distinct challenges in the current environment. Real estate demand, labor shortages, and supply chain disruption have placed tremendous pressure on traditional construction operations. Those challenges are further compounded by evolving regulatory standards and demands. At Freeman, we work with clients throughout the industry to provide counsel as clients in the construction industry confront challenges.
Headquartered in the heart of one of the fastest-growing cities and markets in the United States, Freeman is well-positioned to assist builders and contractors engaged in commercial and other construction. Pandemic-driven labor shortages and challenging demand spikes have contributed to an industry with opportunities for dispute around every corner. Add in productivity challenges and increased pressure on margins, and construction industry participants face an array of hurdles and legal needs.
Building Trust on a Solid Foundation
We believe that relationships are everything. We partner with clients as they lay the groundwork for investment and growth. From tax structuring to key contractual provisions and risk mitigation, we work with our clients, focusing on their goals and objectives.
In a global marketplace, with cross-border supply chains and outsourced functions, clients in the construction industry need sophisticated legal counsel. At the same time, construction clients need legal counsel that is nimble, with the ability to move and adapt to change—and to act quickly, with insight and discerning judgment.
At Freeman, we work with clients to lay the foundation for future growth. We help our clients identify and evaluate legal risks, increasing their confidence and ability to move forward in a bold fashion.
We help clients structure their business operations, working to achieve their goals through:
- Business formations and ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dissolutions and bankruptcies
- Advantageous tax structuring
Our tax-focused attorneys provide unique insight with respect to entity structures, focusing on a holistic structure designed to achieve overlapping goals. We seek to minimize your tax exposure at every step of the structuring process. Whether a closely-held business or a large-scale manufacturer, our attorneys advise clients in the manufacturing space on the tax implications of various formation strategies and decisions.
An Evolving Industry
The construction industry is driven by a broad range
of economic variables. Housing demand, commercial growth, and the economy’s overall condition are just a few of the drivers, influencing the industry. At Freeman Law, we assist clients across the construction industry as they confront challenges and change.
- Rules and Regulations. Construction is a heavily regulated industry. Increases in environment-focused legislation and regulation have significantly impacted this dynamic. We work with our clients to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations, mitigatating risk exposure.
- Growth From New Sources. An increased emphasis on infrastructure across the US has focused attention on both new construction and the repair/maintenance of existing structures. New partnerships and opportunities continue to emerge. We assist our clients as the capitalize on these growth opportunities.
- New Technologies and Materials. Along with new growth opportunities, construction companies must contend with an influx of new technologies and materials, including their impact on projects and relationships with clients.
Construction is a diverse industry. From single-family home construction to commercial construction and infrastructure development, navigating the legal environment requires an experienced partner. Freeman Law works hand-in-hand with our clients to mitigate risk, allowing them to focus on what they do best.
Master Development: Legal Counsel in the Construction Industry
From project beginning to completion, Freeman represents clients engaged in commercial construction. We work with clients across the construction industry, including design/build firms, construction managers, government contractors, and investors. Our team approach enables us to collaborate and deliver solutions to our clients’ most pressing needs. Our service areas include:
The construction industry is subject to evolving regulation. Capitalizing on growth opportunities requires an understanding of the applicable laws, rules, and regulations. We advise our clients, avoiding roadblocks in project development, financing, and project administration.
Connecting the Dots
Our clients often collaborate with partners and joint venturers. We help them connect the dots by laying the groundwork for their success through sophisticated transactional representation. We help structure and negotiate contracts with suppliers, clients, partners, and others. In addition, we draft and negotiate joint venture and partnership agreements, handle mergers and acquisitions, ensure corporate compliance, and provide tax guidance.
Financing is critical in the construction industry. Delays, shortfalls, and other construction problems can delay projects or even derail them entirely. We provide a range of construction-focused legal guidance, including due diligence and representeing clients seeking funding through commercial lending, structured finance, and venture capital.
Dispute Management and Resolution
Even the most meticulously managed construction projects give rise to disagreements. From suppliers claiming lack of payment, subcontractor disputes, client demands, and outside factors inhibiting contractual performance, disputes are inevitable. At Freeman Law, we work with clients resolve disputes and move projects forward.
Our seasoned attorneys have litigated a broad variety of business-related challenges in the industry sector and beyond.
The right move at the right time can mean the difference between the right outcome and the wrong one. Strategic victories are no accident. We begin thinking through the end game from day one. And we have tactical trial experience built on strategic approaches that keep the big picture in mind.
At Freeman Law, we represent clients in the construction sector, providing legal support and insights as we help clients chart a path through ever-changing legal and business challenges. Our attorneys have years of experience counseling clients engaged in construction activities, from negotiating contracts, to tax disputes, to civil litigation, we have you covered.
Contact us for more information or to schedule a consultation.