Montana Cryptocurrency Updated Laws
Regulation of Digital Currencies: Cryptocurrency, Bitcoins, Blockchain Technology
|Jurisdictions||Proposed Laws & Regulations||Enacted Laws & Regulations||Laws & Regulations Not Passed|
|Montana||Montana is the only state to not enact a money transmission statute.||The major adaptation to money transmissions or cryptocurrency in Montana was an amendment made in 2019 regarding the state’s Electronic Contributions Act. The Amendment requires the reporting of political contributions made through a “payment gateway”, including cryptocurrency like bitcoin.||House Bill 630 died in Standing Committee in April of 2019. The bill would have exempted would have exempted digital currency from property taxation|
Blockchain Information & Resources:
- Anti-Collusion | What Is Obfuscation?
- Blockchain Attacks: Is No One Safe in the World of Cryptocurrencies?
- Blockchain Technology Explained: What is Blockchain and How Does It Work?
- Digital Currency Transmission Laws and Regulations by State
- Hard and Soft Forks: A Detailed and Simplified Explanation of How Blockchains Evolved
- Legal Issues around Cryptocurrency
- Merkle Trees
- Permissioned and Permissionless Blockchains
Is cryptocurrency legal in Montana?
Do you have Cryptocurrency or Blockchain Issues or questions?
Freeman Law is dedicated to staying at the forefront as these emerging technologies continue to revolutionize social and economic activities. Contact Freeman Law to Schedule a consultation or call (214) 984-3410 to discuss your cryptocurrency and blockchain technology concerns.