Mississippi Cryptocurrency Updated Laws
Regulation of Digital Currencies: Cryptocurrency, Bitcoins, Blockchain Technology
|Jurisdictions||Proposed Laws & Regulations||Enacted Laws & Regulations|
|Mississippi||There is currently no known cryptocurrency-related legislation in place, or pending, in Mississippi.||Mississippi’s Money Transmitter laws do not explicitly include or reference any virtual currencies, including cryptocurrency or blockchain. The licensing requirements do, however, include the concept of monetary value as a medium of exchange. This latter concept could be amended to include virtual currencies in the future and would then make such a license necessary.|
Blockchain Information & Resources:
- Anti-Collusion | What Is Obfuscation?
- Blockchain Attacks: Is No One Safe in the World of Cryptocurrencies?
- Blockchain Technology Explained: What is Blockchain and How Does It Work?
- Digital Currency Transmission Laws and Regulations by State
- Hard and Soft Forks: A Detailed and Simplified Explanation of How Blockchains Evolved
- Legal Issues around Cryptocurrency
- Merkle Trees
- Permissioned and Permissionless Blockchains
See More Information on Blockchain
Mississippi Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Attorneys
Is cryptocurrency legal in Mississippi? Do you have Cryptocurrency or Blockchain Issues or questions? Freeman Law is an innovative thought leader in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. Blockchain and virtual currency activities take place in a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
We are dedicated to staying at the forefront as these emerging technologies continue to revolutionize social and economic activities. Contact us to schedule a consultation or call (214) 984-3410 to discuss your cryptocurrency and blockchain technology concerns.