Share This Article


If you are an existing chapter 13 debtor, and you have lost your job or are unable to make your chapter 13 trustee payment or other required payments, there is still hope.  There are a variety of programs in place that will protect chapter 13 debtors for the foreseeable future.


Most mortgage companies are granting mortgage payment forbearances upon just a request affirming a financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The initial forbearance is typically 3 months, and additional relief will likely be obtainable.  Additionally, you can modify your Chapter 13 plan if the forbearance requires a balloon payment at the end of the forbearance period.

If you have been laid off or had a reduction in hours, the Federal Government, through July, provides $600 per week in additional compensation if you receive $1 or more in unemployment. The Texas Workforce Commission has a work share program where an employee can receive a % of their unemployment payment amount while still working.

Unemployment is now available to self-employed individuals.

If you have any questions regarding any matters related to your chapter 13 bankruptcy, contact us to see if we can assist.


State and Local Tax Services

Freeman Law works with tax clients across all industries, including manufacturing, services, technology, oil and gas, financial services, and real estate. State and local tax laws and rules are complex and vary from state to state. As states confront budgetary deficits due to declining tax revenues and increased government spending, tax authorities aggressively enforce state tax laws to recapture lost revenues.


At Freeman Law, our experienced attorneys regularly guide our clients through complex state and local tax issues—issues that are frequently changing as states seek to keep pace with technology and the evolution of business. Staying ahead requires sophisticated legal counsel dedicated to understanding the complex state tax issues that confront businesses and individuals. Schedule a consultation or call (214) 984-3410 to discuss your Local & State tax concerns and questions?