A “Go-To” Litigation Firm
- Our Dallas trial attorneys have been recognized nationally and internationally, including being named to U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America list, Super Lawyers, and recognized by Chambers & Partners as among the leading attorneys in the United States, as well as recognized as the “Leading Tax Controversy Litigation Attorney of the Year” for the State of Texas.
- Trial counsel tailored to your needs. Our Dallas litigation attorneys regularly take on the nation’s biggest litigation firm: The Department of Justice. We are versed in litigation of all sizes and stakes; vindicating mission-critical interests with a systematic approach to litigation and trial; and rewriting the odds in complex, high-stakes litigation, one case at a time.
- Our Dallas attorneys include former government trial attorneys, former law clerks to federal judges, law professors, and dual-credentialed CPAs with deep experience in complex financial reporting, accounting, and fraud. Nearly one-third of our attorneys serve as law professors at tier-one law schools.
Business Litigation is Our Business
Freeman Law is a “go-to” litigation firm—trial counsel for the cases that count. Well-versed in high-stakes litigation, our attorneys are trial-ready and battle tested. We’re ready when you are.
We Try Cases – We Win Cases
Freeman Law is a sophisticated trial boutique, hyper focused on advancing our clients’ litigation interests. Our Dallas lawyers are committed to delivering world-class counsel in the courtroom using bold, tactical, state-of-the-art approaches to litigation. Our attorneys bring big-firm talent, think-tank intellect, and analytical precision.
Clients need a winning strategy. Our experienced Dallas litigators employ creative, trial-tested strategies that position clients for courtroom success. We craft detailed strategies and trial plans designed to convey the most impactful, psychologically moving themes and storylines—moving juries to action.
Our Dallas attorneys are not just litigators—they are trial attorneys. We instill and cultivate a difference, creating a focus on the end-game from the beginning.
Clear and Focused
Our Dallas lawyers are client-focused problem solvers. Tireless advocates that work best under pressure, we are committed for the long haul, and relentless in our pursuit of justice.
Our award-winning Dallas attorneys make the complex clear, bringing the issues and facts into focus with perspective and clarity.
The right move at the right time can mean the difference between the right outcome and the wrong one. Strategic victories are no accident. Our Dallas lawyers begin thinking through the end game from day one. And we have tactical trial experience built on strategic approaches that keep the big picture in mind.
Speaking Truth to Power – Giving Power to Truth
Courtrooms are human institutions. And when parochial interests threaten the principles of justice, clients need articulate, forceful advocacy. Clients need advocates with courage and the fortitude to push through the most difficult challenges.
The Right Litigation Model
Our Dallas lawyers were built to take on anything—from the largest law firms to the Department of Justice. And we are rewriting the odds in complex, high-stakes litigation one case at a time. We leverage technological advances; eschew wasteful staffing; and employ collaborative, end-result-driven litigation systems that avoid knowledge segregation and enhance ideation.
Our Dallas lawyers are a paradigm shift—a change in the historic litigation model. The new reality is that the trial boutique model simply outperforms the large-firm approach. The ability to scale trial preparation has never been greater. Intelligently designed law firm models can not only go up against the largest firms and parties, but they can also—and should—win. Indeed, the boutique model offers advantages that larger firm models simply can’t match.
Our Dallas lawyers pledge transparency and authenticity, bringing candid, pull-no-punches trial strategies that home-in on the issues that matter. Though often overlooked, authenticity is the single most impactful virtue in a trial lawyer. Without it, the best laid plans and preparations are lost. When the issues are make-or-break, trust our attorneys to see them through.
Our Dallas attorneys bring big-firm talent and backgrounds, think-tank intellect, and analytical precision. Our trial attorneys are not only skilled advocates, but they are also steeped in substantive expertise gained from years of experience in the trenches. We provide sophisticated representation and penetrating legal acumen.
Our firm’s founding principles and vision of exceptionalism permeate throughout our litigation and trial practice. Our Dallas lawyers are driven by uncompromising attention to detail and a desire to exceed expectations.
Ready for the Moments that Matter
Every Freeman Law Dallas attorney participates in the firm’s Trial College, a rigorous training program focused on trial advocacy and procedure. Our attorneys are experienced, trial-honed, and ready for the moments that matter.
Any Time, any Place
Our Dallas lawyers eschew a siloed-specialist focus; rather, we employ a cross-functional, integrated multi-disciplinary and team approach to the practice of law and litigation. Siloed, narrowly focused attorneys inevitably view client’s disputes through an every-problem-is-a-nail framework, missing the forest for the trees. We cultivate judgment and an appreciation for the bigger picture. After all, litigation, though at times necessary, is a means to an end.
Litigation can represent an existential threat. When outside sources threaten mission-critical interests, jeopardizing years of work and investment, clients turn to our top-flight trial attorneys and our insightful counsel. When everything is on the line, Freeman Law steps up to it.
In an evolving and increasingly complex environment, businesses face unprecedented challenges and risks. Freeman Law represents clients in complex civil litigation, including fraud, breach-of-contract, fiduciary duty, and other disputes. With our historic background in white-collar litigation—both civil and criminal—we are uniquely positioned to represent clients in matters involving embezzlement, fraudulent transfers, fiduciary breaches, and other complex financial disputes.
Our skilled Dallas trial counsel regularly resolves sophisticated business disputes, representing clients in courthouses and arbitration throughout Texas and across the country. Many matters entrusted to us require managing outside factors and mitigating collateral consequences, such as parallel regulatory investigations. Our Dallas lawyers offer skilled and practical insight to navigate our clients and their causes during high-stakes disputes.
Freeman Law’s representations include disputes involving a variety of claims, such as breaches of fiduciary duty, business torts and other commercial disputes, partnership disputes, misrepresentation, deceptive trade practices act (“DTPA”) violations, tortious interference, extortion, Texas Theft Statute violations, civil conspiracy, and cyber and computer violations.
In an evolving and increasingly complex business environment, businesses face unprecedented challenges and risks. Our Dallas attorneys offer sound legal counsel and strategy based on a deep understanding of business and regulatory principles.
Complex Business Litigation
Freeman Law’s skilled Dallas trial counsel regularly resolve sophisticated business disputes, representing clients in courthouses and arbitration throughout Texas and across the country. Our Dallas lawyers are business-minded and client-centric. Our client’s objectives drive our strategy. We offer skilled and practical insight to vindicate and defend our clients and their causes during high-stakes disputes.
Freeman Law’s Dallas lawyers represented clients in the following disputes
- Fiduciary litigation and breach of fiduciary duties
- Civil RICO
- Minority shareholder litigation
- Trade secret litigation
- Intellectual property litigation
Freeman Law’s representations also include disputes involving business torts and other commercial disputes, partnership disputes, misrepresentation, deceptive trade practices act (“DTPA”) violations, tortious interference, extortion, Texas Theft Statute violations, civil conspiracy, and cyber and computer violations.
Our Dallas lawyers offer practical, innovative solutions to complex issues.
Our Dallas attorneys are not just litigators—they are trial attorneys. We instill and cultivate a difference, creating a focus on the end-game from the beginning. Our preparation and focus position our clients to take a case to verdict.
• We try cases to verdicts before juries, judges, and arbitratorsOur Dallas lawyers have petitioned appeals before the U.S. Supreme Court and federal and state courts across the United States and represent clients in disputes in nonjudicial forums, including federal and state agencies and arbitrations.
• We promote focus on the key issues and defensesSuccessful trial attorneys must be able to quickly cut to the issues that will be important to a jury and capitalize on early and aggressive discovery to build the facts and record necessary for victory.
• We understand the value of building credibility and trust.Complex, modern trials play out at a measured pace and through an elaborate choreography. The difference between winning and losing is often at the margin, through nuanced, small, and tactical victories.
• We use a systematic litigation and trial approach.Our Dallas attorneys not only understand the substantive legal issues, but they also construct compelling courtroom narratives that convince and sound credible to both juries and judges. Combined with first-rate case management support and litigation technology, our attorneys are prepared for litigation and trial.
• We love the battle.And we never lose sight of the fact that it is our client’s resources, reputations, and businesses at issue. Our goal and objective are to position our clients for the resolutions they seek.
Litigation can not only have a course-changing impact, it can also represent an existential threat. When outside sources threaten mission-critical interests, threatening years of work and investment, clients turn to our top-flight trial attorneys and our insightful counsel.
We are attuned to, and quickly grasp, the deep complexities of a dispute, the collateral consequences and intertwined implications of even the most complex disputes.
We sift through and evaluate the case, cultivating its thematic essence and distilling complex facts into clear and compelling narratives.
We are rewriting the odds in complex, high-stakes litigation one case at a time.
Our Dallas lawyers are often brought in to represent general or limited partners, LLC members, and other closely held businesses in complex corporate and partnership litigation matters. We have extensive experience litigating claim for breach of fiduciary duties and other claims in partnership litigation.
Our unique and in-depth understanding of partnership agreements, capital accounts, and partnership accounting position us to forensically analyze partnership disputes with clinical insight, seeing issues that others miss.
Our Dallas lawyers represent executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries, and heirs in disputes in disputes involving breach of fiduciary duty and the settlement of complex estates and trusts, including tax issues.
Fiduciary duties are owed across a range of relationships that span far wider than the traditional trusts and estates context, including fiduciary duties owed by directors, officers, investment advisors, powers of attorney, partners, agents, and others. We represent clients in fiduciary litigation, including:
- Will and trust disputes, such as claims based on lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence
- Litigation involving misuse of powers of attorney
- Litigation between executors or trustees and beneficiaries regarding fiduciary duties
- trust accountings
- Suits to modify, terminate and reform trusts
- Suits to substitute or remove trustees and executors
- Federal tax disputes
Freeman Law’s Dallas lawyers represent clients in suits under "RICO"—the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, as codified in Title IX of the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970. Originally enacted to target organized crime, RICO provides for a civil cause of action—and annual civil RICO actions far exceed criminal RICO actions.
RICO claims for “racketeering” carry the threat of treble damages and attorney's fees. Under RICO, a plaintiff may have a claim against a person who has engaged in a pattern of criminal conduct (e.g., fraud, extortion). RICO prohibits several categories of conduct, including providing a statutory cause of action against:
- Investing any income derived from a pattern of racketeering activity in an enterprise. 18 U.S.C. § 1962(a).
- Using a pattern of racketeering activity to acquire or maintain control over an enterprise. 18 U.S.C. § 1962(b).
- Conducting the affairs of an enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity. 18 U.S.C. § 1962(c).
- Conspiring to violate one or more of the substantive RICO provisions. 18 U.S.C. § 1962(d).
Our firm is uniquely versed in civil Rico lawsuits and well-positioned to undertake the investigative efforts necessary to bring and maintain a civil RICO action. We have a depth of knowledge and experience regarding the complex elements of a civil RICO suit.
Our Dallas lawyers have represented clients in:
Civil Lawsuits.Served as lead counsel and obtained multi-million-dollar recovery for multiple clients in lawsuits against multinational Fortune 50 company.
Civil Lawsuit.Won lawsuit involving shareholder dispute and claims of embezzlement involving seven-figure damages.
Civil Litigation.Represented company and recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of client from former embezzlement.
Civil Litigation.Recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars as lead counsel in suit against United States/IRS and Department of Justice for wrongful collection activities and seizure of assets.
Civil White-Collar Government Litigation.Represented clients in litigation with Department of Justice regarding Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) monetary penalty; obtained removal of judgment against individual client and 97% reduction of penalty for remaining clients.
- Lead criminal defense counsel for client indicted for allegedly hacking Microsoft and EA Sports company servers and illegally obtaining more than $20 million of virtual currency laundered through Russian and Chinese secondary markets.
- Represented client in multiple, parallel federal proceedings, including federal criminal proceedings and indictment for bankruptcy fraud and money laundering; SEC securities fraud proceedings; and federal civil action for alleged $200 million fraud. Obtained dismissal from federal suit alleging $200 million damages.
- Represented client in federal litigation involving alleged mail and wire fraud, money laundering, and false statements related to Federal Election Code and political action committees.
- Represented client as counsel in federal jury trial in United States Virgin Islands.
- Represented client as counsel in federal jury trial in United States Virgin Islands
Arbitration.Prevailed in arbitration litigation in DTPA suit.