Gregory Mitchell joins Freeman Law to lead its bankruptcy practice. Mr. Mitchell is a native of the Dallas area, graduating from Southern Methodist University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics in 1991 and with his J.D. in 1994. In 1995, he obtained an LL.M. in Taxation from New York University. Mr. Mitchell currently directs the SMU Dedman School of Law’s federal taxpayer clinic. Mr. Mitchell’s background in tax makes him a natural fit for Freeman Law.
Prior to joining Freeman Law, Mr. Mitchell was the managing partner of The Mitchell Law Firm, L.P., a small firm he started in 2004, where he ran a diverse practice primarily focused on bankruptcy, tax and related litigation matters.
Prior to starting his own firm, Mr. Mitchell served as a Partner and General Counsel with Tax Automation, L.P., a national tax consulting firm. Mr. Mitchell was previously the National Director of Tax Technology at Ryan & Company, a national tax consulting practice, as well as a Senior Manager with KPMG, a “Big Four” accounting firm.
Mr. Mitchell is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. He is an active member of the Texas Bar Association, currently serving as a member of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar. Mr. Mitchell is admitted to practice in all federal courts in the State of Texas, as well as the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- New York University, LL.M (Taxation)
- The University of Mississippi School of Law, summa cum laude, J.D.
- Associate Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- Executive Board and Order of the Barristers, Moot Court Board
- Dean’s Leadership Council
- The University of Mississippi, M.S. in Taxation
- The University of Mississippi, B.S. in Accountancy